June 20, 2023
7:00PM - 8:00PM EDT
Oral Manifestations and Dental Implications of Food-related Autoimmune Diseases - Webinar
Presenter: Deborah (Debby) Vernon, CDA, CDIPC
As food-related diseases gain attention and sufferers, recognizing, understanding, and treating the signs and symptoms of these disorders must become part of our protocols. Materials and supply decisions can be crucial in preventing further harm to these vulnerable patients.
Upon completing this program, the participant will be able to:
- Describe what an autoimmune disease is, and how food and food-related products can affect the patient.
- Recognize the signs and symptoms of these disorders.
- List five oral manifestations of celiac disease.
- Identify three items used in dentistry that can harm these patients.
- Develop ways to coordinate treatment with the patient’s healthcare professionals.
Level of Complexity: Overview
Registration Fee: Free for ADAA Members | $25 for Non-Members
CE Eligibility: Attendees may earn 1 CE for attending this webinar. Attendees must be present at the scheduled virtual event and complete an evaluation for credit.
About the Presenter
Debby Vernon, CDA, CDPIC, is a 1984 graduate of CODA-accredited Dental Assistant program at Northern Virginia Community College. For over 11 years, she has worked in the dental clinic of a major state correctional institution. Currently, she serves as the Secretary for the Virginia Dental Assistants Association, on the Committee for Education and Professional Development of the ADAA, and on the Advisory Committee for Nursing and Allied Health at Germanna Community College (Virginia). A lifelong Virginian, she enjoys baking, scrapbooking, and all things Christmas.