Top Ten OSHA Violations and How to Mitigate Them (AGD 550)
Presenter: Brian Bothast, Safety and Occupational Health Specialist, Department of Labor/OSHA
This one (1) hour webinar is designed for dental professionals to familiarize them with the rules and regulations of the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) of the United State Federal government and to review what safety rules are commonly violated in dental practice settings and how they can be avoided.
Brian Bothast, Safety and Occupational Heath Specialist, Department of Labor/OSHA.
After participating in this program, dental professionals should be able to:
- Ensure participants understand the methods OSHA uses address its mission.
- Discuss the elements of an OSHA citation.
- Ensure employees are familiar with their rights under the Occupational Safety and Health Act.
- Ensure participants are familiar with elements of OSHA’s bloodborne pathogens and hazard communication standard.
- List at least three hazards commonly found at dental practice establishments.
- List at least four measures that can be taken to prevent work related injuries and illnesses in a dental practice.
CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDIT
The ADAA has an obligation to disseminate knowledge in the field of dentistry. Sponsorship of a continuing education program by the ADAA does not necessarily imply endorsement of a particular philosophy, product or technique.
The ADAA cautions participants taking this course on the hazards of using limited knowledge when integrating new techniques into their practices.
Credits earned upon completion of this course may be used to meet DANB’s Recertification Requirements.
This course has been produced in part by a grant from the Professional Dental Assistants Education Foundation (PDAEF).
CONCERNS OR HELP
If the participant has concerns about the presentation, please contact our Education Department at CESupport@adaausa.org. If the participant has questions on how to view the presentation, please contact Tech Support at TechSupport@adaausa.org
To proceed with this course please click on the "Add to Cart" button.
You need to be logged in to register for a course. Please
to log in or create an account
Return to "My Courses"