1. Are you ready to create a Youtube video for ADAA?
2. Read all material on this page
3. Create your video
4. Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org for submission process details.
5. Submit the completed, signed ADAA social media release form to email@example.com, along with your video *Note: video will not be reviewed without this completed, signed document*
Visit the ADAA YouTube Channel now!
ADAA YouTube Submission Guidelines
These guidelines are designed to provide rules and guidance to the American Dental Assistants Association (ADAA) members and other content generators on the process of submitting items for distribution to the ADAA’s YouTube channel.
1. All individuals who participate in the making, creating, and on-camera presence must sign and submit to ADAA the ADAA social media release;
2. All submissions are subject to pre-approval by ADAA before posting.
3. Once the video has been approved for release, the ADAA Social Media Committee will post the content to the platform;
4. All YouTube content must be dental related, factual, and not violate copyright laws;
5. In the interest of maintaining professionalism, appropriate language should be utilized and clothing appropriate to the setting should be worn (no trademarked or copyrighted images should appear on clothing). Content containing unprofessional, excessive, offensive, or objectionable body modifications including, but not limited to piercings and tattoos may be rejected;
6. Appropriate infection control guidelines must be fulfilled on all videos - CDC infection control guidelines are to be followed;
7. ADAA may utilize its name and logo in connection with all posted videos;
8. No videos of individuals under the age of 18 will be accepted for the ADAA YouTube channel.
ADAA YouTube Recommendations and Best Practices
1. Keep your video content simple, short, and engaging;
2. Use of jargon, technical information, or detailed charts and graphs should be presented in a way that the audience can understand;
3. Simple, easy-to-follow “stories” work best, with a single message or call to action;
4. Videos should be 5 minutes or shorter; and
5. Cross-promote the videos on other ADAA social media platforms.
When developing content for YouTube, consider the following recommendations:
1. Clearly Define Objectives: It is important to have clearly defined objectives before beginning to develop content. Do you want to highlight content, spark action, or encourage awareness of an issue? Clarify the objectives first and determine if which platform and content type (video, .gif, meme, etc.) is the ideal channel to help you meet larger communication goals.
2. Know Your Target Audience(s): As with any communications activity, it is important to define your intended target audience(s) in order to develop and communicate messages that resonate with your audience and prompt them to take action.
3. Determine Moderating Capacity: Determine if you have the appropriate resources to review and potentially respond to comments received on the YouTube channel. It is important to designate a point of contact to work with the ADAA Social Media Committee on content moderation, especially for controversial or popular topics that may generate many comments and questions.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact ADAA at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download these guidelines here.