The Oral Systemic Link Between Periodontal Disease and Systemic Disease LIVE (AGD 730)
Presenter: Brittany Ashenfelter, Doctoral Candidate, MS, BS, AAS, LDH, CDA, EFDA
This course will be presented on GoToWebinar on Wednesday, April 22, 2020, at 7:00 EDT. You will receive a GoToWebinar Registration Confirmation email within 3 days of registering for this course.
This live webinar is APPROVED FOR ONE (1) CE CREDIT and is designed for the dental professional as an overview of the direct link of oral health problems, specifically periodontal disease, and systemic diseases.
Brittany Ashenfelter, Doctoral Candidate, MS, BS, AAS, LDH, CDA, EFDA is a Clinical Dental Hygienist for Dr. Amy Becker, D.D.S. at Green Street Dental Care in Brownsburg, Indiana. Brittany received her Certificate in Dental Assisting from Lake Land College, Mattoon, Illinois in 2004 and her Associate in Applied Science of Dental Hygiene from Lake Land College, Mattoon, Illinois in 2006. She completed her Bachelor of Science degree in Public Health Dental Hygiene from Indiana University School of Dentistry 2011. She completed her Master of Science degree in Clinical Research Administration from Walden University 2014. She is currently completing her Doctorate in Public Health that is in A.B.D. status from Walden University 2021.
After participating in this program, the dental professional should be able to:
1. Describe the Oral Cavity Connection and if there is a link.
2. Describe periodontal disease and who is responsible for the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of the disease.
3. Discuss if there is a connection between periodontal disease and systemic disease.
4. Discuss the role of dental professionals in the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of periodontal disease and systemic disease.
5. Outline how dental professionals can close the gap in the Oral Systemic Link between periodontal disease and systemic disease.
6. Instruct those individuals with a lack of access to dental and medical care on how to prevent and treat the Oral Systemic Link.
CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDIT
The ADAA has an obligation to disseminate knowledge in the field of dentistry. Sponsorship of a continuing education program by the ADAA does not necessarily imply endorsement of a particular philosophy, product or technique.
The ADAA cautions participants taking this course on the hazards of using limited knowledge when integrating new techniques into their practices.
Credits earned upon completion of this course may be used to meet DANB’s Recertification Requirements.
This course has been produced in part by a grant from the Professional Dental Assistants Education Foundation (PDAEF).
CONCERNS OR HELP
If the participant has concerns about the presentation, please contact our Education Department at CESupport@adaausa.org. If the participant has questions on how to view the presentation, please contact Tech Support at TechSupport@adaausa.org
By registering for this course, you agree to allow ADAA to use your voice as recorded during the webinar for subsequent viewings of this webinar.
To proceed with this course please click on the "Register" link.
You need to be logged in to register for a course. Please
to log in or create an account
Return to "My Courses"