In-Office and Mail Order Sterilization Monitoring Procedures (AGD 130)
Presenter: Sarah Sharpe, RDA
This webinar is designed to help dental assistants reduce the risks of disease transmission, meet ADA and CDC guidelines for infection control, and implement strategies to effectively sterilize and disinfect dental equipment through effective sterilization monitoring procedures.
Sarah Sharpe, RDA
Sarah Sharpe is a registered dental assistant and marketing coordinator at Midtown Dental Clinic in Richland, Washington. She has successfully implemented patient referral systems and marketing strategies that have been featured in Dental Economics and continues to publish articles for the American Dental Assistants Association. She begins training this fall of 2018 at Spokane Community College to gain her EFDA. Sarah loves that dentistry is forever flourishing and attributes her own personal growth to the relationships she has made within the industry.
Upon completion of this course, the dental professional should be able to:
1. Discuss the difference between sterilization and disinfection.
2. Identify sterilization equipment and describe their processes.
3. Aid in the prevention of transmission of disease through sterilization monitoring.
4. Describe how to prevent certain sterilization failure errors.
5. Discuss the CDC Guidelines for Sterilization Monitoring Procedures.
6. Describe mechanical/physical monitoring.
7. Describe chemical monitoring.
8. Describe biologic monitoring and have knowledge of spore testing.
9. Discuss the differences of mail order testing and in-office testing.
10. Describe how to properly document sterilization parameters.
CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDIT
The ADAA has an obligation to disseminate knowledge in the field of dentistry. Sponsorship of a continuing education program by the ADAA does not necessarily imply endorsement of a particular philosophy, product or technique.
The ADAA cautions participants taking this course on the hazards of using limited knowledge when integrating new techniques into their practices.
Credits earned upon completion of this course may be used to meet DANB’s Recertification Requirements.
This course has been produced in part by a grant from the Professional Dental Assistants Education Foundation (PDAEF).
CONCERNS OR HELP
If the participant has concerns about the presentation, please contact our Education Department at CESupport@adaausa.org. If the participant has questions on how to view the presentation, please contact Tech Support at TechSupport@adaausa.org
To proceed with this course please click on the "Add to Cart" button.
You need to be logged in to register for a course. Please
to log in or create an account
Return to "My Courses"